Content & Purpose
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We have implemented reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with the information assets being protected and with the nature of our business. While we try our best to provide security that is commensurate with the industry standards, because of the inherent vulnerabilities of the internet, we cannot ensure or warrant complete security of all information that is being transmitted to us by you.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING USERS' INFORMATION:
A User may have limited access to the Website and utilize some of the Services provided by socko without creating an account on the Website. Unregistered Users can access some of the information and details available on the Website. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User may be required to first create an account on our Website. As part of the registration process, socko may collect the following categories of Personal Information from the Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Information”):
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Password chosen by the User;
- Valid financial information;
- socko may keep records of telephone calls received and made for making inquiries, orders, or other purposes for the purpose of administration of Services.
- Internet use: socko may also receive and/or hold information about the User’s browsing history including the URL of the site that the User visited prior to visiting the website as well as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User's computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User's computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using as well as the name of User's ISP. The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that is used by socko and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration.
- The Website may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. socko hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available by visitors in such a manner.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION:
Socko will retain User Information only to the extent it is necessary to provide Services to the Users. The information which socko collects from you may be utilized for various business and/or regulatory purposes.
- Registration of the User on the Website;
- Processing the User’s orders / requests and provision of Services (including provision of safe Services);
- Completing transactions with Users effectively and billing for the products/ Services provided;
- Ensuring that the Website content is presented to the Users in an effective manner;
- Research and development and for User administration (including conducting user surveys);
- Non-personally identifiable information, exclusively owned by socko may be used in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for internal research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes including those for the purposes of determining the number of visitors and transactional details, and socko may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints or disputes and other customer care related activities including those arising out of the Users’ request of the Services and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- In case of any contests conducted by socko in which the User participates, the User Information may be used for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering;
RETENTION OF USERS' INFORMATION:
- To Sellers and other service providers appointed by socko for the purpose of carrying out services on socko’s behalf under contract. Generally these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the Personal Information collected in connection with the provision of these services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- If otherwise required by an order under any law for the time being in force including in response to enquiries by Government agencies for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- Socko makes all User Information accessible to its employees and data processors only on a need-to-know basis. All socko employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of User Information, are obliged to respect its confidentiality.
- Socko may also disclose or transfer the User Information, to another third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets or business of a socko corporation division or company. Any third party to which socko transfers or sells its assets will have the right to continue to use the Personal Information and/ or other information that a User provide to us.
SECURITY PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES:
- Part of the functionality of the Website is assisting the Sellers to maintain and organize such information to effect sale and purchase of products. socko may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the appropriate authorities, or to Sellers who request access to such information.
- Socko will also ensure that User Information is not kept for a period longer than is required for the purposes for which it is collected or as required under any applicable law.
Socko adopts reasonable security practices and procedures to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security control measures in order to protect the Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Socko takes adequate steps to ensure that third parties to whom the Users’ Sensitive Personal Data or Information may be transferred adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of Personal Information.
- You hereby acknowledge that socko is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- Socko shall not be responsible in any manner for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information supplied by the User to socko or any Seller. If a User provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or socko has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, socko has the right to suspend or terminate such account at its sole discretion.
- Socko shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Users' Personal Information or events that are beyond the reasonable control of socko including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User's account access information and password. The User shall be responsible for all uses of the User's account and password, whether or not authorized by the User. The User shall immediately notify socko of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the User's account or password.
- Socko will communicate with the Users through email and notices posted on the Website or through other means available through the Service, including text and other forms of messaging. The Users can ask socko, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the rectification required.
House no. 118 First Floor Block-A Pocket-02 Sector-03 Rohini Delhi-110085